Feb 15, 2004

Gone Too Soon

There will always be tears in my eyes
when I remember everything about us.
Funny how often I used the word "us",
when it never even happened.
I ask myself why do you have to go away?
You left me holding on to a promised love
magical as the falling stars.
Did you not know that I've fallen in love with you too?
I was going to tell you that
but when I looked at you,
you were gone too soon...
I'd like to blame myself for this broken love
for I didnt let you know of my feelings right away.
Yet somehow, I know I did not let you go-
you let go of me.
Perhaps you did not see
how much I cared for you,
how I've dreamed about you,
how long I've waited for someone
like you to come into my life,
how happy I was when we talked over the phone
with just about anything-
the cottony clouds, the bluish mountains, those mushy love songs,
our loves, our mistakes,
our secret homes and dreams...

You let go of me, when you though Im never going to love you.
But I have loved you and kept it a secret.
I never did mean to fall for you
but I did.
And when I knew the moment has come,
you were gone to soon.
Gone to know of my feelings.
Gone to share it with me.
Gone like the swift falling stars
that has fallen to the earth
and left the sky crying a thousand lonely lights.
Suddenly gone.
You let go of me,
when you shouldn't have.

angie
may 2001


*****

No comments:

Post a Comment