Dec 16, 2003

queen of discontent

We celebrated one of my colleagues birthday at digi cafe last friday...slept at around 6:30 and woke up at 12. Watched a bit of TV then slept again. The phone rang...its rio and yes, the Christmas party for the children...I almost forgot..So, I spent the rest of the day preparing gifts and then co-hosting the christmas party. It was fun. About a hundred children were present. There were games, dance & song numbers, prizes and ofcourse lots of food- w/c unfortunately, we didnt get to eat. Its ok though..I felt happy. The best part, the one that the children loved best was the gift-giving. We let them write their wishes a week ago and thanks to the sponsors who bought those gifts for them. How simple their wishes were, so simple it made me feel guilty. I hold the world title for Queen of Discontent. And yes, the whole thing was totally uplifting. How ironic- it made me feel uplifted and guilty at the same time! God almost always let us learn in the simplest of ways. And if simplicity means your one big wish is to have " a small pencil box", then really, i wonder now what kind of person i am...

No comments:

Post a Comment