Dec 15, 2004

dec 15 04

i earned myself a shopping spree last friday for getting two weeks of hundred percent QA. i was on vacation leave too which surprisingly was granted to me by my team manager at the last minute. i was denied twice for the vacation leaves i earlier applied for which were for every fridays of december. i was crazy to even think i could file vacation leaves for the oh-so-busy month of december. but what could i do? i just needed a break and have my christmas shopping done. in an instant though, after days of worrying and finally giving in to my desperate case, a miracle was bound to happen. i was to take my remaining vacation leaves each week for this month and that would include the 2 fridays that i was denied of. ha ha, what a treat. so i got the fridays alright but have i really gotten the money to spend for the planned shopping? uh oh..

consider this: i have 12 inaanaks, most of them visits me once a year and that is at christmas day. the ritual starts when my kumares will call me over the phone and will remind me that they will drop by the house on the 25th. and it never fails. they always do.

next, my friends and colleagues in the office. less than 20. not that they are expecting gifts from me though. i just want to give something for those friends whom i have shared the year with.

and then my family- my mom and my siblings. ofcourse this has got to be special especially for my mom. i rarely give her something so i want it to be really sweet this christmas.

so that's the scenario. i see a bleak future for someone earning so little, who could not even buy something good for herself. well maybe except for the second-hand books which are real treasures anyway.

the intended shopping did not happen last friday. my sis and i just made it to the movies. we had a laughing spree with bridget jones instead.

this thursday, im looking forward to my last vacation leave for the year. good luck to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment