May 16, 2004

i played the good daughter yeterday. i had a date with my mom and dad. arriving at the mall, we went for a snack at mcdonalds. everything was on me, i told them. my dad was just his usual self while my mom was smiling sheepishly. i wish i knew what they were thinking.

we headed straight to the movie house, not knowing what to watch. i was teasing my dad telling him we'll be watching "All my Life". he's one person i know who doesnt patronize tagalog movies. ironic i thought, for someone who laughs so hard watching home along da riles. well, the next thing i knew we were seated inside the movie house watching the movie Troy. and yes, what a movie.

after 3 hours of watching, as in really watching and no sleeping, ( my mom has a tendency to sleep for like half the movie time, but denies it and claims she enjoys every scene in the movie) , we headed straight to Mangan for dinner. scrumptious meal my dad told me, but expensive. he still prefers Kenny Rogers. oh well.

but the dinner wasnt the highlight. what we talked about or didnt talk about while eating was. my mom told me quietly that my dad was happy that we got out. ill never hear my dad say that. so when i saw the satisfied smile my father has, i couldnt agree more with my mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment