Mar 6, 2004

heres a call i got from one crazy brit the other day...

me: welcome to 118-118. how may i help you?
caller:im looking for the number of the moon ( a guy whose voice sounds like hes just 18 or a little older)
me: thats the moon. which town is this in?
caller: oh im not sure..
me: what type of business is this? (quizzical)
caller: well, its an electrical shop..that sort of thing
me: thank you. one moment pls.
me: im trying to do a category search for you, one moment pls.. (caller hums a song while im searching, w/c was so irritating!)
me: i do apologize im not showing anything for that name. is there anything else?
caller: oh, you can try searching in merseyside!
me: what particular town? ( i sounded pissed alright...)
caller: all i know is that its on sunshine street... ( Uh oh, "sunshine street"...Mmmm...)
caller: and its on a ring called saturn..wait i'll ask my colleague..
(after a few sec.. i heard a door closing so clearly that puzzled me..)
caller: yeah that's right..
me: im sorry not showing anything for that.
caller: oh come on! it has got to be there! its approximately a million miles away from the earth!!! ( caller might as well said, "yeah, you stupid girl, its the moon you see! as in the MOON, how couldnt it be there!!")
and still, w/c so much professionalism, i muttered...
me: yeah the moon..alright, you go to hell. ( then what i never thought i'd do, i did. I released the call.)


so is there an excuse for this or what? its crazy enough dealing with racist brits, those who think they are the rulers of the world bec of their skin color and glorius past, well we asians do have a rich history as well dont we? and how about mesopotamia, and persia and india. ofcourse china. hello? attila the HUn would have the run of his life if he meets genghis khan the greatest mogul emperor. the point is there is i enjoyed the call, secretly enjoyed it knowing i won over a dumb person calling in to ask for the number of the moon. ha ha ha!! if my manager know this, im dead. he was actually pleased with me these days bec of my good QA scores. ha ha.. im so happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment